This particular dish seems popular among some of my friends, so I thought it’ll be good to share the recipe out. After all, why hide when you can share the love right? Quinoa have been touted for it’s low GI, high fiber properties, and have quite a bit of protein. Best of all, you can add stock when you’re cooking the quinoa, allowing them to soak up the stock’s flavor. Of course, quinoa by themselves taste awesome as to me, it has a herbal flavor.
On the other hand, mixing a combination of food also have the awesomeness of consuming many flavors in one spoon. That is literally the beauty of food like these. My inspiration for this particular dish came from fried rice, an Asian dish that basically mixes and matches rice with different types of ingredients, making the dish ultra-versatile.
As you can tell from the picture, There were more vegetables and meat compared to the amount of quinoa, but you really can play around with the volume according to your needs.
- 20 mins
- 1 Medium sized pan
- 1 Spatula
- 1 small stalk of broccoli, chopped (Roughly 1 fist size)
- 1 small stalk of cauliflower, chopped (Roughly 1 fist size)
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced (Roughly 1/2 palm size)
- 50g of chicken thigh, sliced/cubed (roughly 1 palm size)
- 50g of chicken breast, sliced/cubed (roughly 1 palm size)
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa (Roughly 2 hand-cupped size)
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- This recipe serves 2-3 servings
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan to get things started.
- Sauté broccoli and cauliflower until it’s cooked and set it aside
- Add 1tbsp of olive oil and let it heat
- Cook the chicken. About 2-3 mins in, when the chicken is slightly browned, add the mushrooms in
- Cook the dish for another 2-3 minutes and add the cooked quinoa, broccoli and cauliflower. Mix the ingredients together
- Cook for another 2 minutes before adding salt and pepper for taste.
- Infuse the salt and pepper into the dish by mixing all the ingredients together and your dish is ready to serve
If you have questions about the recipe, feel free to ask in the comments section below. If you like this recipe, do share it with your friends! More viewership = more motivation for me to write awesome post for ya!