High Protein Pumpkin Carrot Soup
One of my favorite ways to enjoy pumpkin is to blend it into soup, giving it a nice, creamy flavor without the calories. Not only is pumpkin a great source of bulk for very little calories, it also provides a good amount of vitamin A, which is helpful for eye health.
While pumpkin soup taste nice, having a vegetable-based soup usually causes us to feel hungry rather quickly after a meal. To reduce that possibility, we’re adding some protein in form of tofu to help us stay full for a longer period without increasing the calorie count too much. This also gives the pumpkin soup an even creamier texture. Now, you can have pumpkin soup as a proper meal. Yay!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: Serves 4~6
Suitable for: Anytime Meal
- Medium pot
- Chopping Board
- Half a Pumpkin, Chopped
- 3 Carrots, Peeled
- 1 Block of Slim Tofu
- Fill the pot with the pumpkin, carrot, and enough water to fill the ingredients.
- Boil the ingredients until the pumpkin and carrots are soft. This should take about 10 to 15 minutes on high heat.
- When the ingredients are almost ready, add the tofu in to heat it up.
- Once ready, put all the ingredients into a blender in batches and blend.
- Serve your soup in a bowl and drink up!